Bath Spa University recognises that the energy, products and services it consumes cause the emission of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, which contributes to climate change.
As part of our overall sustainability goals, we are committed to continual improvement in the management and reduction of energy consumption and carbon emissions.
To achieve this we will:
- Manage energy consumption via a systematic, auditable energy management system
- Ensure continual compliance with energy related legislation, HEFCE requirements and corporate commitments
- Implement a sustainable energy strategy to reach Carbon-Neutrality* by 2030
- Ensure any new development contributes to the sustainable energy strategy
- Continually improve the energy efficiency of our existing estate
- Regularly monitor and review energy consumption against our reduction targets
- Ensure the necessary resources are made available to achieve these goals cost-effectively
- Manage our Scope 3 emissions from waste, water, transport, products and services, via our ISO14001 Environmental Management System
- Promote energy awareness among our staff and student body
- Communicate progress to internal and external stakeholders.
* Certified to internationally-recognised PAS 2060 Carbon Neutral Standard.