Our Vision is underpinned by a commitment to sustainability, economic and cultural well-being and environmental improvement.
We recognise that our activities have environmental and social impacts. It is our aim to have a positive impact wherever we can and to minimise our negative impacts.
To achieve this we will:
- Continually develop and expand education for a sustainable future in the curriculum
- Reduce carbon emissions through our Carbon Reduction Policy and Management Plan
- Minimise the use of resources, the production of waste and the risk of causing pollution
- Manage the University's estate to encourage and maintain biodiversity
- Promote the use of sustainable modes of transport
- Continually improve sustainable purchasing practices
- Promote sustainability awareness and practice amongst all staff and students
- Endeavour to ensure that our investments provide a good return for the University, without compromising the objectives of this Policy
- Continually improve our ISO14001 Environmental Management System
- Comply fully with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and agreements
- Engage with other institutions and the wider community to share environmental best practice and to demonstrate environmental responsibility.
Professor Christina Slade, Vice-Chancellor