One of the main roles of the Learning and Teaching Committee is to ensure that progress continues against the Learning and Teaching Strategy.
- Senior Academic nominated by the Vice-Chancellor (Chair)
- Members from each school (including the Graduate School), nominated by the Deans of Schools
- Director of Library and Information Services
- Head of Learning and Teaching
- Head of Employability
- Director of Student Services and Registrar or nominee
- Chair of the sub-committee for e-learning
- One co-opted member nominated by the Chair
- Two students nominated by the President of the Students' Union
Terms of Reference
- To consider the learning and teaching strategy of the University, its enhancement of student learning opportunities, and to make proposals on its implementation.
- To consider and make recommendations on the distribution of learning and teaching development funds to projects intended to enhance student learning opportunities.
- To consider and make recommendations on the development of the learning resources, including ICT and library resources, to support the learning and teaching strategy of the University.
- To consider mechanisms to disseminate good practice in learning and teaching across the University and to make recommendations on their implementation.