Programme Approval and Review is a sub-committee of Academic Standards and Quality.
- Chair - Vice-Provost (Learning and Teaching Quality)
- One student (Students' Union President or nominee)
- Head of Quality
- Deputy Registrar (Head of Applicant and Student Administration)
- One representative from each School nominated by the Dean (normally Associate Dean)
Officer - Quality Assurance Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Reference
On behalf of Academic Standards and Quality Committee (AQSC):
- Consider and approve new programmes and existing programmes put forward for re-approval
- Receive the approved nomination forms of external advisors in the programme approval/re-approval process
- Consider and approve modifications to existing programmes as per the existing Minor Modifications process and maintain oversight of modifications across the University
- Consider periodic review outcomes with respect to any implications for existing programmes through that process
- Receive the annual register of programmes not recruiting
The committee meets at least two weeks prior to a meeting of AQSC and will forward a note to AQSC normally for receipt only, of its decisions since the previous meeting of AQSC.
As the sub-committee operates with delegated powers, the point of approval will be the relevant meeting of the Programme Approval and Review Sub-committee.