Bath is a bicycle friendly city, and many of our staff and students choose to cycle to our campuses. The University provides covered bike racks and shower facilities to scrub up in after longer journeys.
Bath Spa University have partnered with nextbike, which will provide a free rental period of any nextbike for those staff and students that have a BSU email address (eg, one ending with @bathspa.ac.uk). There are nextbike racks at Newton Park campus, Sion Hill campus, Waterside Court halls of residence, Green Park (near Sainsbury's), Bath Spa Railway Station, and at several other key locations within the city.
Registration to nextbike is simple and convenient using your @bathspa.ac.uk email address.
- Register at www.nextbike.co.uk, selecting Bath Spa University from the 'partner' list.
- Click the activation link in the confirmation email.
- Rent any bike using using the free app, at the station, or by phoning the hotline.
The app is available from the Apple iTunes App Store, or the Google Play Store:
- Rent a bike using the app, hotline, or customer card;
- Enter the bike number;
- Open bike lock with the displayed code.
- Lock bike at an official nextbike station
- Confirm return via the app at the station or phoning the hotline.
|Bath Spa University subscriber fare (free per year)|
|First 40 minutes per ride||free of charge|
|Every additional 30 minutes||£0.50|
That’s it! Students and staff do not need to enter their payment details unless their account balance is negative, ie. after a rental over the free period, after which their account will be blocked until payment details are provided. The user will be notified by email. Registration is free of charge.