Due to limited parking at our campuses, Bath Spa University encourages people to use public transport whenever possible. If, however, you do need to travel by car, please follow the directions below.
At present the system for visitors is as follows:
- Planned visitors: Staff who have planned visitors (such as guest lecturers or industry professionals) can book their guests parking space in the usual way via LiquidOffice. These visitors will not have to pay for parking.
- Ad-hoc visitors: General visitors to campus will need to first stop at security to sign in. These visitors will then need to purchase a ticket from the pay and display machines. Payments can be made via a smartphone app paybyphone.co.uk (app store, google play blackberry world, amazon apps) or
by calling 0330 4007275
- Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 6:00pm:
- 0-2 hours £2
- 2-4 hours £5
- Over 4 hours £10
- Saturday and Sunday - 8:00am to 6:00pm:
- £2 all day.
- Parking after 6:00pm is free.
- Contractors: Contractors should contact the Estates department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org regarding parking on campus.
- Open Day visits: For official University Open Days (prior to application), the parking charges are suspended for the duration of the Open Day.
- Electric vehicles: we have a number of electric vehicle charging points at our Newton Park Campus, to enable your car to be charged you'll need to download the Pod-point app. Charging your car is free although you still need display a valid permit/car parking ticket.
Failure to display a permit in your vehicle's windscreen may result in your being issued a Parking Contravention Charge. For more information, please refer to our Parking Terms and Conditions.
Notice for dog walkers
A permissive footpath runs through our Newton Park campus and dog walkers are welcome. However, we do ask that dogs remain on leads at all times to take account of the resident wildlife, Oak Tree Nursery Forest School, and the general safety of all. Walkers who do not follow this request will be politely asked to secure their dog and may be asked to refrain from return visits.
For Newton Park, Sion Hill and Other Campuses in Bath
From The M4 Motorway
- From the M4 motorway, join the A46 southbound at junction 18;
- After 9 miles, descending the hill into the Avon valley, leave the A46 and at the roundabout, take the third exit onto the A4 into Bath;
- For Newton Park campus, Rush Hill Campus at Bath Community Academy (Culverhay), Southdown School, and Dartmouth Avenue sites:
- After one mile, at traffic lights for A36 turnoff, get into the left-hand lane and turn onto Cleveland Place and proceed over Cleveland Bridge;
- Proceed along Bathwick Street;
- At the traffic lights, turn right onto the A36 Sydney Place;
- Continue along the A36 Darlington Street;
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto the A36 Pulteney Road;
- Continue along the A36 through Widcombe and onto Claverton Street;
- For Rush Hill Campus at Bath Community Academy (Culverhay) and Southdown School:
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto the A367 Wells Road;
- Continue up the A367 Wellsway for 2 miles until you reach the "Red Lion" pub roundabout (by A3062 turn-off);
- Take the third exit onto Frome Road;
- At the next roundabout, take the third exit onto Rush Hill;
- After 200 meters, Bath Community Academy is on your left (Enter the third gate, behind the old building, marked "Bath Spa University");
- Alternatively, Southdown School is a short distance further on, turning right.
- For Newton Park campus, Dartmouth Avenue and Riverside Court:
- At the roundabout, and after going under the railway arches, take the second exit onto the A36 Lower Bristol Road;
- For Newton Park campus:
- After a mile, you will pass the Waterside Court and Charlton Court halls of residences on the right;
- Continue along the A36 Lower Bristol Road and join the dual carriageway (A4);
- Take the second exit at the "Globe Inn" roundabout to join the A39. The campus entrance is immediately on your left;
- Watch out for busses and pedestrians along the driveway, and use passing bays when necessary. The speed limit is 15mph.
- For Dartmouth Avenue site:
- At the traffic lights (by A3604 turn-off), turn left onto Brock Road;
- After crossing the railway lines, turn right onto West Avenue;
- Turn left onto Millmead Road;
- Join Dartmouth Avenue and the University offices are to the left.
- For Riverside Court
- Drive along A36 Lower Bristol Road for approximately one mile;
- Turn right after the Waterside Court and Charlton Court halls of residences.
- For Sion Hill campus, 4 The Circus, 10 Palace Yard Mews and the Theatre Productions Centre (Ashman's Yard):
- After one mile, at traffic lights (by A36 turn-off), get into the right-hand lane and proceed straight ahead along the A4;
- Take second exit at mini-roundabout along the A4 The Paragon;
- For Sion Hill campus:
- At traffic lights, turn right onto Lansdown Road heading uphill;
- After passing the Lansdown Grove Hotel on your right, take the next left onto Lansdown Place East;
- Proceed along Lansdown Crescent, down Lansdown Place West, and onto Sion Hill;
- Take the first right onto Sion Hill Place. The campus entrance is immediately on your right.
- For 4 The Circus, 10 Palace Yard Mews and the Theatre Productions Centre (Ashman's Yard):
- At traffic lights (by Lansdown Road turn-off), proceed straight ahead along the A4 George Street;
- At end of George Street, turn left following the A4 along Gay Street towards Queens Square;
- Exit Queens Square onto the A4 Queens Square Place and Charlotte Street;
- For 4 The Circus:
- Turn right into the Charlotte Street car-park.
- Collect a ticket and proceed on foot, exiting the car-park back onto Queens Square Place;
- Turn left onto Gay Street and proceed uphill until you reach The Circus;
- Follow the road clockwise, and number 4 is to your left.
- For 10 Palace Yard Mews:
- Turn left into Palace Yard Mews (opposite the Charlotte Street car-park entrance);
- Number 10 is on the left-hand side of the road, after the archway.
- For the Theatre Productions Centre (Ashman's Yard):
- At the traffic lights (by A3064 turn-off), get into the right-hand lane and proceed straight ahead along A4 Upper Bristol Road
- At the traffic lights (by A431 turn-off), get into the left-hand lane and proceed along A4
- Turn left after "The Weston" pub onto Station Road;
- After crossing Locksbrook Road, take the first right into the trading estate;
- Ashman's Yard is at the far end of this private road;
- The Theatre Productions Centre is in a small warehouse to the left.
For Corsham Court
From The M4 Motorway
- From the M4 motorway, join the A350 southbound at junction 17;
- After 2.6 miles, at the roundabout, take the second exit onto the A350 Cepen Way and continue to follow the A350;
- At the third roundabout (Bumpers' Farm Roundabout), take the third exit following the signs for Bath;
- At the second roundabout, take the third exit onto the A4 Bath Road following the signs for Bath;
- After 3 miles turn left at the traffic lights into Corsham, over the first mini-roundabout, and the long-stay car park will be found on the left. See below for information on parking. There is also free on-street parking available.
- Take A4 towards Corsham / Chippenham;
- Upon entering Corsham, take second exit at roundabout onto B3353 Pickwick Road;
- Follow signs towards town centre;
- At the second mini-roundabout, turn left onto Newlands Road, over the next mini-roundabout, and the long-stay car park will be found on the left. See below for information on parking.
A limited number of £10 validation permits are available for students on a first-come first served basis, which can be used in the Long-Stay car park on Newlands Road. A £1 pay and display ticket will validate the permit, which must be clearly visible in the vehicle. There is also free on-street parking available.
Staff & Visitor Parking
The University has 20 parking spaces available at the Royal Oak pub in the High Street. The car park is to the rear and parking is available on a first-come first-served basis, Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 6.00. A permit is required and this can be obtained from Reception and School Administrators. There is also free on-street parking available.
Please note: there is no parking within the grounds of Corsham Court, or Church Square, unless you hold a disabled blue badge.
- Parking Guide (.pdf)
Advice for SatNav Users
Many satellite navigation systems allow you to enter a postcode to find your way.
|Campus / Site:||Postcode:|
|Newton Park||BA2 9BN*|
|Sion Hill||BA1 5SF|
|Bath Community Academy (Culverhay)||BA2 2QL|
|Southdown School||BA2 1LG|
|4 The Circus||BA1 2EW|
|Theatre Productions Centre (Ashman's Yard)||BA1 3EH|
|Dartmouth Avenue||BA2 1AS|
|Corsham Court||SN13 0BZ|
* It is sometimes the case that the postcode for our Newton Park campus (BA2 9BN) does not provide helpful instructions to users of SatNav systems for the final part of their journey. We therefore suggest that instead you use the postcode for another local landmark that is very close to the campus - the Globe Inn (on a roundabout at the A4/A39 junction, from which Bath Spa University is clearly marked). The postcode for the Globe Inn is BA2 9BB.
Campus Speed Limit
Some areas of our campuses do not have footpaths, so please watch out for pedestrians in the road. The on-campus speed limit is 15mph for all vehicles.