- Senior Academic nominated by the Vice-Chancellor (Chair)
- Six members, one from each school (including the Graduate School), nominated by the Deans of Schools
- Director of Library and Information Services
- Head of Learning and Teaching
- Head of Employability
- Director of Student Services and Registrar or nominee
- Chair of the sub-committee for e-learning
- One co-opted member nominated by the Chair
- Two students nominated by the President of the Students' Union
Terms of Reference
- To consider the learning and teaching strategy of the University, its enhancement of student learning opportunities, and to make proposals on its implementation.
- To consider and make recommendations on the distribution of learning and teaching development funds to projects intended to enhance student learning opportunities.
- To consider and make recommendations on the development of the learning resources, including ICT and library resources, to support the learning and teaching strategy of the University.
- To consider mechanisms to disseminate good practice in learning and teaching across the University and to make recommendations on their implementation.
One of the main roles of the Learning and Teaching Committee is to ensure that progress continues against the Learning and Teaching Strategy 2013-15 (.pdf)
The E-Learning Committee is a subcommittee of Learning and Teaching Committee.
Meetings in 2013/14
Meetings take place on Tuesdays at Newton Park (room MHG.15), starting at 10am on the following dates:
- 12 November 2013
- 28 January 2014
- 11 March 2014
- 13 May 2014
Arrangements for the submission of papers for LTC are as follows:
|Three weeks before meeting||Notify the Quality Assurance Officer of intention to submit paper and provide a brief indication of purpose of paper.|
The Chair will consider intended papers and set the agenda.
The Quality Assurance Officer will notify which papers are to be included on the agenda.
|Two weeks before meeting||Electronic papers should be sent to the Quality Assurance Officer for consideration by the Chair|
|One week before meeting||Electronic papers will be circulated to the committee by the Quality Assurance Officer|