At some point during your studies, you will want to ask questions about the Library's services or about information to help you for an assignment. Some of your questions may seem relatively simple. For example, how to find a particular book or how a particular library service operates. However, you may want more than that, such as how to find information on a particular topic, how to search a particular electronic service or how to find websites suitable for your academic work. Whatever sort of information you need, do take advantage of our Enquiry and Information Services.
- If you can't find what you need on the Library website or by checking out our FAQs, submit your question via email and we will respond within two working days during term-time only.
At Sion Hill, ask at the Reception Desk:
- Usually your enquiry will be answered by the member of staff on duty there.
- Depending on your enquiry, you may be referred to the Campus Librarian (see below) who is also the School Librarian for Bath School of Art and Design.
- If the Campus Librarian is not available, you may need to make an appointment.
At Newton Park, ask at the Reception Desk:
- Library staff are available in term-time on Mondays to Thursdays between 8.30 am and 7 pm and on Fridays between 9.30 am and 5 pm. If the Reception Desk assistant thinks it appropriate, you will be referred to a School Librarian (see below): if they are not available, you may have to make an appointment.
- In the case of more advanced enquiries, you can email or phone your School Librarian (see below). Depending on the nature of your enquiry, you may need to make an appointment to meet.
At Corsham Court, ask at the Reception Desk:
- Usually your question will be answered by the library volunteer on duty there.
- In the case of more advanced enquiries, you can find the librarian for the Graduate School in the Reading Room.
- If the librarian is not available you may need to make an appointment.
|School:||School Librarian:||Telephone:||Room number:||Subjects covered:|
|Bath School of Art and Design||Helen Rayner||ext. 5648||Sion Hill Library||Fashion and Textiles, Fine Art, Graphic Communications, Historical and Critical Studies|
|Education||Joy Cleveland||ext. 6535||Newton Park Library, LY.G06||Education Studies; PGCE Primary (3-11), PGCE Middle Years (7-14) and PGCE Secondary (11-16)|
|Humanities and Cultural Industries||Mark De Fleury||ext. 6578||Newton Park Library, LY.G06||Creative Writing, Cultural Studies, English, Film, History, Media and Communication, Philosophy & Ethics, Study of Religions|
|Music and Performing Arts||Joy Cleveland||ext. 6535||Newton Park Library, LY.G06||Dance, Drama, Music, Acting, Theatre Production|
|Society, Enterprise & Environment||Mark De Fleury||ext. 6578||Newton Park Library, LY.G06||Biology, Business & Management, Geography, Food & Nutrition, Environmental Science, Psychology, Sociology|
|Graduate School||Becky Atkins||ext. 6178||Reading Rooms, Corsham Court Library||All research and postgraduate courses based at Corsham Court|