SCONUL Access allows academic staff, postgraduate research students, part-time, distance learning and placement students and full time postgraduates to have limited borrowing rights (normally 5 items at a time) at most other higher education libraries. It also allows full time undergraduate students to have a reference only service.
See SCONUL's web pages for further information and to apply for access: please note the following:
- As you apply, you will see the list of participating libraries
- Please apply using your Bath Spa official email account - many university libraries will not accept applications from personal email addresses like hotmail and gmail
- As long as you are in good standing with the Library (e.g. you have no outstanding debts), you will then receive an email, sent to your Bath Spa email address, which can be presented at any of the participating libraries together with your BSU library card
- If your application is rejected, you will be told the reason and given the opportunity to resolve the issue before you apply again
- Members of other universities to wish to use BSU Library under the SCONUL Access scheme can search the library catalogue online.
Remember - always take your BSU library card with you as proof of identity and eligibility.