We hold a selection of databases which contain full text and abstracts of e-journals. A full list of all our databases can be found on the Databases page. Key databases relevant for Commercial Music are listed below.:
- Academic Search Premier: includes over 45 music-related titles, including Rolling Stone, Popular Music History, Popular Music & Society.
- Box of Broadcasts - BoB: the British Universities Film & Video Council's on-demand TV and radio service for education. This service allows students and staff to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels.
- Business Source Complete: is a general business resource, but could be useful for researching music industry developments like P2P networks, mobile downloads, music copyright, etc. Includes titles like Billboard & Music Week
- NewsBank: access to full-text newspapers.
- Rock's Backpages: is the biggest online database of rock music writing in the world. It contains over 20,000 classic articles from the last 50 years on everyone from Aaliyah to ZZ Top and all genres from rockabilly to hip hop.