Careers and opportunities fairTuesday 17 October, 2017
11:00 AM – 2:30 PM
Newton Park campus, Walled Garden
The Careers Fair will be held in a large marquee in our beautiful walled garden on Newton Park campus.
Students from all years and degree disciplines will be invited to the fair, which will be widely advertised across all of our campuses. Many students, particularly those in the final year, value the opportunity to talk informally to employers, while lots of others are also researching sandwich or summer placement opportunities, so we will ask you if you wish to be advertised as offering these.
The fair is an important event in our careers programme and these kinds of events are always oversubscribed, so we would advise early booking to ensure your place.
The cost of attendance will be:
- £400 for large organisations (more than 250 employees)/recruitment agencies
- £250 for SMEs (less than 250 employees)
- £25 for charities
(Please note all prices are exclusive of VAT)
- Your stand space 3m wide x 2m deep, with table and two chairs (larger spaces available at extra cost and must be booked in advance);
- Packed lunch and refreshments for two representatives (any extras will be charged at £5 each);
- Standard text in our Fair Programme, plus a listing on the event website with a link to your organisation’s website;
- One parking space per employer and easy access to venue for unloading;
- Portering and help from student helpers.
- Power supply (subject to limited availability): £15 + VAT;
- Your company logo printed alongside your text entry in the printed programme: £10 + VAT;
- Additional advertising in the programme: £100 + VAT for full A5 page, or £50 + VAT for half A5 page (including logo).
Platinum sponsorship package (£800 + VAT)
- Inclusion on the landing page of the Fair website
- Opportunity to choose an optimum stand location at the Fair
- Your company name and logo on the front pages of the fair guide
- A full page/full colour advert on the fair guide
- Lunch and refreshments for up to four people
- Exposure across our social media accounts
- Any promotional items (leaflet/flyers/pens, etc) included in the Fair bag, which will be given to all students during the event
- 1 x targeted email to all students
Premium sponsorship package (£600 + VAT)
- Premier stand
- Company logo on event programme
- Two lunches and refreshments at the event
- Exposure across on all our social media accounts
- Half-page/ full colour advert on the fair guide
- 1 x targeted email to all students
If you are interested in purchasing a sponsorship package, please contact Rachel Jenkins on 01225 876715 or via email on email@example.com.
If you are a representative at a fair and have any access or support needs, please let us know in advance.
On the day
This information is for employers (or their couriers) booked to attend the Fair on Tuesday 17th October 2017. The Fair is open to students 11am - 2.30pm. Please use the information and links below that are relevant to you and ensure that this information is forwarded to all your staff attending on the day and any couriers you are using.
Where to find us
If you're using public transport and taking a taxi from Bath Spa train station, please ask for the University at Newton Park (just off the A39), as there are two Universities in Bath.
For the location of the Walled Garden, see the campus plan. Please use the designated car park around the back of the Walled Garden to avoid any undue parking penalties.
Fair layout plan
Your stand numbers along with the hall layout will be emailed to your booking contact no later than two weeks before the Fair.
Couriers/deliveries and exhibitions companies
If you're using a courier to bring your stand/other goods, they may only deliver direct to the venue on the day of the fair. Please forward them these details and ensure that all goods are labelled with the client (not courier) name.
If you are using CES, Ian Wilson, MSI or Impressions – please let us know so we can liaise directly with them regarding directions and your stand locations.
Couriers may gain access from 8am and must collect goods within one hour of the end of the fair (i.e. 4pm), as we cannot offer security of goods later than this.
All goods must be delivered direct to the stand you are allocated – not to the door.
If your own staff are bringing your stand and/other goods in a car, then please use the campus plan and follow the signage for unloading. Please unload your goods and passengers here. Student helpers will be on hand to assist you from 9am and again at the end of the day.
Please use the designated car park around the back of the Walled Garden to avoid any undue parking penalties. Parking on campus is at a premium and we have agreement for a limited number of vehicles only. If you have not booked a parking space in advance, then please use public transport, and do not bring additional cars onto campus as there will not be space. Parking fines may be issued (by an external company) to any cars who park in the wrong area/without a permit.
Please ensure you enter the campus via the main entrance from the A39. Please drive to the very end of the long drive, past The Dairy and check in with the student helper who will direct you towards parking spaces. This may be in the overflow section, or additional field space accessed through this. One permit, or two, if requested will be emailed to your booking contact no later than two weeks before the fair. You must bring and display this in your windscreen on the day.
No deliveries before the day of the fair. We cannot accept any deliveries into our office or the fair venue before the day, nor hold onto any stands/goods for collection the following day. Couriers must return to collect goods by 4pm, after that the marquee will be dismantled.