- BSc(Hons) University of the West of England
- MA University of the West of England
- PhD University of the West of England
- PG Cert Professional Learning in Higher Education Bath Spa University.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Member of the Tourism Society
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.
Other external roles
- Associate lecturer at the University of the West of England.
- Tourism (contemporary forms of tourism, niche tourism, sustainability and tourism, tourism and destination management, tourism planning, impacts of tourism, ecotourism, international tourism, tourism research)
- Sustainability (background and history of, management for, implications for business, environmental sustainability, social sustainability, education for sustainable development).
- Currently working towards a Certificate in Professional Learning in Higher Education.
Recent Professional Updating
- Annual conference of the Royal Geographical Association 2011.
Research and academic outputs
Can the conservation attitudes and behvioural intentions of tourists to tropical forest be improved through biodiversity interpretation? A case study from Australia
Gough, G and Hill, J (2009) 'Can the conservation attitudes and behvioural intentions of tourists to tropical forest be improved through biodiversity interpretation? A case study from Australia.' In: Hill, J and Gale, T, eds. Ecotourism and Environmental Sustainability. Ashgate, Farnham, pp. 175-196. ISBN 9780754672623
Gough, G, Hill, J and Curtin, S (2013) 'Understanding tourist encounters with nature: a thematic framework.' Tourism Geographies, Online. ISSN 1461-6688
Gough, G and Smith, J (2015) Broadening horizons: ESD in Business and Management at Bath Spa University. In: Learning from the Sharp End: Implications for Sustainability in Higher Education Conference, 7-8 September 2015, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK.
McGuinness, M and Gough, G (2014) The Bath Spa model: creativity, multidisciplinarity and sustainability at BSU. In: Embedding Education for Sustainability in a Creative and Multi-disciplinary Context, 25 March 2014, Newton Park, Bath Spa University, Bath, England.