Coordinator of Contextual Studies and Senior Lecturer in History and Theory of Art and Design at the Bath School of Art and Design.
Jennifer has extensive experience in the field having taught in Schools of Art and Design in Australia for many years with additional experience in senior management, curatorial roles and education more broadly.
In terms of research Jennifer works in the area of visual culture and the history of ideas with a particular focus on the eighteenth century.This research has resulted in publications and conference presentations.
She is also interested in the role of research for contemporary visual artists and how this is enacted in postgraduate degrees. As a consequence Jennifer has supervised over 20 postgraduates undertaking PhDs and Masters in practice based research projects through to successful completion.
- Ph.D. La Trobe University, Australia
- Grad Dip Business Admin, La Trobe University, Australia
- Post Grad Dip Art Curatorial Studies, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), La Trobe University, Australia.
Other external roles
- PhD Examiner.
- Contextual Studies
- History and Theory of Art and Design.
- Practice Led – Creative Arts
- History and Theory of art and Design.