NEW FOR THIS YEAR – start your primary PGCE in January 2017
Looking to get a head-start on the crowd with your new career as a Primary teacher? Why wait until September? We are excited to be able to offer a new option to start your Primary PGCE in January 2017, and there are a number of benefits of doing so:
- If you already meet all the entry requirements you don’t need to wait until September 2017, meaning you will qualify earlier in the year
- You will train alongside a small group of dedicated Bath Spa Teachers
- You will work within partnership schools specially selected for this unique opportunity
- We will offer you dedicated support with the mandatory skills tests
- Plenty of schools recruit early in the New Year - by starting training sooner, you will be entering the jobs market ahead of the larger national cohort that will finish in June/July.
How to apply?
We are now accepting direct applications for the PGCE Primary 5-11 programme starting in January 2017. As this falls outside of the normal UCAS recruitment cycle you will need to apply directly to Bath Spa University rather than through UCAS Teacher Training.
- The application form is very similar to the UCAS application
- Places are limited, so apply as soon as you can to ensure you don't miss out
- Entry requirements are exactly the same
We are currently arranging the interview dates and will let you know these once we’ve received your application.
We are running a series of information evenings over the coming weeks, including specific evenings where you can find out about starting your Primary PGCE in January. Please come along and see us to find out more.