The Student Support Service is here to help you get the most out of your time at BSU and student life. We are open all year round and encourage you to get in contact if you have any queries or concerns.
Students (and that includes anyone who is thinking about studying at BSU) can contact Student Support about a variety of different matters, including: Finances; Emergency Loan/Access to Learning Fund applications; Learning support; Dyslexia assessment and practical help; Medical appointments; Disability matters; Mental health; Eating Disorders; Counselling; Referrals to other Departments; Support for care leavers; Peer Mentor Scheme; Work-life balance; Time management; Motivation; General advice & guidance.
Student Support operates a combination of drop-in sessions and bookable appointments and we aim to respond to all initial enquiries within 36 working hours.
Telephone: 01225 876543
Who's who in Student Support:
- Sara Gallagher: Student Support Manager
- Janet Tope: Learning Support Co-ordinator
- Amy O'Leary: Disability Advisor (Aspergers Syndrome)
- Ben Goose: Money Advisor
- Helen Fisher: Peer Mentor Scheme Co-ordinator
- Harry (Angharad) Jones: Student Support Advisor
- Chantelle Turner: Student Support Advisor
- Georgie Eggar: Student Support Co-ordinator
- Finbarr Sheehan: Mental Health Advisor
- Helen Kendall: Counsellor
- Dulcie Muir: Counsellor
- Amanda Lampard-Drew: Well-being Advisor
- Kerry Bivand: Student Support Admin Assistant
How to Find Us
The Student Support Service has moved to Stable (room 106 on the first floor), at the top end of campus. You are welcome to call in and see us, but we do suggest you call, or email beforehand to ensure that someone will be available to see you.
Student Support Service,
Newton Park Campus,
Newton St Loe,
Bath, BA2 9BN, UK.
Student Support staff work in the Student Services Bungalow at Sion Hill during term time - please contact us to book an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Support Service observes total confidentiality and will only disclose information to others at your express request.
The only exceptions are if we believe you or another person to be at serious risk, or if we are legally obliged to disclose.
If you have any concerns regarding confidentiality, please speak to a member of Student Support staff.