Some of the Peer Mentors at Registration Weekend 2016.
Bath Spa Peer Mentors are second and third year students who are trained to provide informal support to new first year students on undergraduate degree courses.
You will probably be faced with many new situations when you arrive at university and have lots of questions that you’d like to ask. A Peer Mentor knows what it’s really like to be a student at Bath Spa and will help make your transition to university life as easy and enjoyable as possible. As an experienced fellow student, your mentor will be able to answer your questions and queries to help you settle in more quickly. A Peer Mentor can also carry on supporting you during your first year, sharing their knowledge and experience with you to help you deal with matters such as:
• Finding services on campus
• Making friends and getting involved with student societies
• Coping with a new environment
• Shopping and budgeting
• Finding out about transport and getting about
• Finding things to do and places of interest in Bath
• Achieving a good life/study balance
• Module choices or exams and revision
To get a Peer Mentor, please email your full name, date of birth and course to firstname.lastname@example.org