Open Days are for potential students wanting to know more about our undergraduate courses, and what it is like to study and live in Bath.
Bookings open two months prior to the event and spaces are limited so you are advised to book early!
Newton Park Open Days (for all except Art and Design Students)
- Saturday 6 June - All subjects
- Saturday 17 October - All subjects
- Saturday 24 October - Music and Performing Arts courses only
- Saturday 7 November - All subjects
- Saturday 21 November - All subjects
Art and Design Open Days at our Sion Hill Campus
- Saturday 6 June
- Saturday 17 October
- Saturday 24 October
- Saturday 7 November
- Saturday 21 November
- Saturday 5 December
About Newton Park Open Days (for all except art and design students)
Newton Park open days include staff and students from the following schools of study:
- Music and Performing Arts
- Society, Enterprise and Environment
- Humanities and Cultural Industries
They will be on hand to talk to you about the courses on offer. Support Staff representing our student services will also be available to answer any questions you may have relating to accommodation, finance, admissions, employability and student support. Our student ambassadors, representing a range of subjects, will be present throughout the day to offer guided campus/accommodation tours (both on and off-site) and/or specialist departmental tours. All ambassadors are currently studying with us so are best equipped to inform you about what life is like as a student at Bath Spa University. We also have a guided city coach tour which will allow you to explore the beautiful city of Bath.
We aim to send a programme out to you in the post two weeks prior to the event. This will also be available to download from this page of our website - via a link next to the open day you have booked on.
About Art and Design Open Days Based at our Sion Hill Campus
For students interested in undergraduate art and design subjects, we have Art and Design open days at our Sion Hill campus where you will be able to look around the campus and off-site accommodation, see the workshops and studios, view students' work and speak to staff and students around the campus.
We aim to send a programme two weeks prior to the event. This will also be available to download from this page of our website - via a link next to the open day you have booked on.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Do I have to book?
- A: Our Open Days are extremely popular and book up quickly. We advise that you book as soon as possible.
- Q: How do I book a place at the Open Day?
- A: Please book online via this page. The booking form usually goes live online two months prior to each event.
- Q: How many people can I bring with me?
- A: Parents and friends are welcome to come with you to our open days, we would ask that you bring no more than two extra people with you. If your friends are also interested in Bath Spa we ask that they book separately.
- Q: I've got a place at an Open Day, can I swap it for another date?
- A: Yes - providing that there are spaces available on the alternative date you wish to come. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: How do I cancel my place at the Open Day?
- A: Please e-mail email@example.com or call (01225) 875831 to cancel your booking. This will enable us to offer your place to someone else and we can also let you know about other visit opportunities coming up at Bath Spa.
- Q: I'm not able to come to any of the Open Days, can I still visit the University?
- A: Yes - although we would recommend that you try and come to an Open Day, we offer alternative events such as campus tours or we have an open campus policy at Newton Park if you are happy to look around unaccompanied. Visitors to the Sion Hill campus are asked to visit only on organised tours, in view of the specialist nature of the facilities at the campus.
- Q: Is there parking at Bath Spa?
- A: Parking is free on the Newton Park Campus, however, all cars must display a valid parking permit. You can pick up a permit from the Security Lodge situated at the main entrance of the campus. Please ensure that you park correctly as per the instructions displayed around the campus. If you possess a Blue Badge for parking please ensure that it is displayed prominently..
- A: There are no parking spaces at the Sion Hill campus. You can park at the Charlotte Street Car Park and walk to the campus or park at the Lansdown Park and Ride and take the bus to Ballance Street which is a 10 minute walk away from the campus. There are spaces in the roads around the campus, but please be aware that there are residence parking schemes in operation in that part of Bath and we ask that you park respectfully.
- Q: How do I find Bath Spa?
- A: Please visit our area map and directions page. This includes information on getting here by road, train, coach and air.
- Q: I need to stay overnight, where do I find information on hotels and guest houses in Bath?
- A: Information about hotels in Bath can be found on www.visitbath.co.uk.
- Q: What's the programme of the day?
- A: A programme will be sent out to you prior to the Open Day. Generally the Open Days are 09:00h-16:00h and you are welcome to participate in as much or as little of the day as you wish. There will be talks on all of the subjects we offer, support services such as accommodation, tours of the campus and for some subjects there are taster sessions/workshops. We also give the opportunity to have a guided coach tour of Bath.
- Q: Will I be able to see student accommodation?
- A: Yes - you will be able to have a tour with one of our students and there will also be talks from our Student Housing Services department about what's involved, costs and so on and also living in privately rented housing in Bath.
- Q: Do you have places on campus to buy food?
- A: Yes - both Newton Park and Sion Hill have refectories where you can purchase a range of hot and cold meals or snacks. You can also purchase snacks from the Students' Union shop at the Newton Park Campus.
- Q: Will I be able to meet with academic staff?
- A: There will opportunities to meet academic staff on the open days at the subject talks. At the Newton Park Campus information stands are manned by academic staff.
- Q: Will I be able to meet current students at Bath Spa?
- A: Yes - our students play a big part in open days. They conduct tours of the campus / accommodation, specialist tours of facilities and are around all day to answer any of your questions about their experiences at Bath Spa University.
- Q: Will there be representatives from Disability Support there?
- A: Yes - the Student Services team will be present. Alternatively if you have any issues you wish to talk about before visiting Bath Spa or in private, please call (01225) 875649 to arrange private appointment or for a general chat. Alternatively you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: Will I be able to find out about job opportunities in Bath whilst I'm studying at Bath Spa?
- A: Yes - this will be covered in the Employability talk.
- Q: Will I be able to find out about finance and fees?
- A: Yes - this will be covered in the Student Services talk.
I Can't Find the Question I'm Looking For Above
Please telephone or e-mail your questions about open days to:
Telephone: (01225) 875831.