The University's Job Shop helps all students find jobs in the local area, including jobs available on campus.
- The Job Shop is a free service to all students.
- Last academic year the Job Shop advertised over 4000 job opportunities. We have a huge range of vacancies, updated daily.
- We make sure that all the employers who advertise with us meet our Code of Practice, available to download here: Job Shop code of practice
- Close to 80% of Bath Spa University students have a part-time job while they study.
Benefits of combining work & study
Apart from the obvious benefit of providing ready cash, having a part-time job can provide you with an important addition to your CV: experience! It is not so much a matter of what you do but what you have learnt from working and your ability to demonstrate this to a future employer.
There are two basic kinds of skills sets you can develop through work experience: general and specific.
General experience can be gained in any job and will help you to develop skills such as:
- learning how to deal with colleagues and customers
- working as part of a team
- problem solving
- commercial awareness
It helps enormously to be able to show your future graduate employer that you actually know what it's like having a job.
Specific work experience is experience in a field that you want a career in. Showing that you have already worked in a certain field or environment will help convince employers you are serious about that career path.
Contact the Job Shop
The Job Shop team run a drop in session every lunchtime during term-time in the Careers Space, Steward's Lodge: Monday - Friday, 12:30pm - 2pm.
The team also visit Sion Hill once a fortnight on Tuesday mornings, find them outside Cafe Sion during term time.
If you have any questions about part time work, or how to combining work and study, come along to a drop in or contact us:
Tel: 01225 875864