Visiting one of our Open Days or Applicant Visit Days? Travel by train and benefit from a reduced rail fair from Great Western Rail services.
We've teamed up with Great Western Rail (GWR) to offer visitors to our Open Days and Applicant Visit Days a discounted ticket when you travel by train.
Travelling by train is a great way to get to Bath. Bath Spa train station is located in the centre of Bath next to the city's main bus depot, where you can take a U5 bus to Newton Park campus, and opposite Manvers Street bus stop where you can catch a 700 or 701 bus to our Sion Hill campus.
Information on this special offer
Before booking your ticket please read the terms and conditions below.
- The Open Days GWR travel offer is only available for travel on GWR services. If travelling from or within a region of the country that is not part of the GWR network you may need to purchase separate tickets to the chosen destination.
- The destination must be relevant to the University you have received the link from, i.e. Cardiff Central for Cardiff Metropolitan University, etc.
- Origin of journey must be within the GWR network, but please note that Advance Purchase tickets are not available for short distance journeys.
- The scheme is only available for use with Advance Purchase tickets. These set times and dates of travel and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- The Open Days GWR travel offer is available for the dates provided by each university and the week that the event takes place, running Saturday to the next Sunday. So stay for more than a day to get a feel for the local scene.
- The scheme is combinable with a Railcard. Simply tick the box on the page by “Passengers” and select from the drop down box.
- The URL is unique to your university and cannot be used for destinations other than specified.