Visiting one of our Open Days or Applicant Visit Days? Travel by train and benefit from a reduced rail fair from Great Western Rail services.
We've teamed up with Great Western Rail (GWR) to offer visitors to our Open Days and Applicant Visit Days a discounted ticket when you travel by train.
Travelling by train is a great way to get to Bath. Bath Spa train station is located in the centre of Bath next to the city's main bus depot, where you can take a U5 bus to Newton Park campus.
Alternatively, if you need to get to Sion Hill, we recommend taking the 700 bus, which departs from the bus stop on Manvers Street. For our Locksbrook Road campus, you can also take the U5 and get off near the Lower Weston Post Office, and campus is just a short walk from there across a footbridge.
Information on this special offer
Before booking your ticket please read the terms and conditions below.
- The Open Days GWR travel offer is only available for travel on GWR services. If travelling from or within a region of the country that is not part of the GWR network you may need to purchase separate tickets to the chosen destination.
- The destination is restricted to travel to Bath Spa University campuses only.
- Origin of journey must be within the GWR network, but please note that Advance Purchase tickets are not available for short distance journeys.
- The scheme is only available for use with Advance Purchase tickets. These set times and dates of travel and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- The Open Days GWR travel offer is available for the dates provided by Bath Spa and the week that the event takes place, running Saturday to the next Sunday. We encourage you to stay for more than a day to get a feel for life in Bath.
- The scheme is combinable with a Railcard. Simply tick the box on the page by “Passengers” and select from the drop down box.
- The URL is unique to Bath Spa and cannot be used for destinations other than specified.