Student Wellbeing Services: Your checklist for the first few weeks of term
Whether you’re a new or returning student, your wellbeing is really important. Bath Spa provides lots of resources to help you during your studies.
Here’s a checklist to help you make the most of them in your first few weeks of uni.
(Many of the links on this page require you to log in with your student username and password. If you're a new student and you don't have these yet, don't worry. You'll be able to access our systems once you've completed online registration and been enrolled.)
Student Wellbeing Services checklist
- Understand what’s on offer from Student Wellbeing Services. Get more info on things like accessibility and disability support, mental health, wellbeing advice, the University Medical Service and Chaplaincy.
- Save important out-of-hours contacts on your phone. Most importantly, make sure you know how to get in touch with our Security service, available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Get to know the range of digital platforms and apps you can access for free as a Bath Spa student: Togetherall, UniWellbeing, the TalkCampus app and Shout.
- Register with the Medical Service. Make sure your vaccinations are up to date, ideally before you get to University. Check that you've had MenACWY, MMR and Flu – if you're eligible.
- Get help settling in from a fellow student. Download the TalkCampus app and meet not only other students at Bath Spa, but from all over the world.
- Get involved. SWS and Bath Mind facilitate a student Wellbeing Group; why not volunteer to be a Time to Change Champion and come and meet the #bathspadogs?
- Check out our mental health services. We can talk to you within Bath Spa, and we also work closely with other specialist organisations like the NHS to make sure we can help you access the most appropriate support and treatment for you.
- Find out what wellbeing services are on offer. Did you know we run an eight-week Mindfulness course? Look out for updates and dates for the course by following us on Twitter: @BSUwellbeing.
- Book an appointment. You can book appointments online via the Hub in advance and on the same to day speak about your wellbeing, mental health or disability, including any useful access arrangements.
- Want to talk to someone, but not sure who or what you need? Use the self-referral form to let us know a bit more about your situation, and we'll figure out the next steps with you.
Here for you
Get in touch
Student Wellbeing Services offers practical support on accessibility and disability, mental health and wellbeing. We also coordinate the University’s Medical Service and Peer Mentor Scheme. Our services are accessible Monday to Friday, 10:00am – 4:00pm. Find our Reception at Sophia, Newton Park.
Disclaimer: The Bath Spa blog is a platform for individual voices and views from the University's community. Any views or opinions represented in individual posts are personal, belonging solely to the author of that post, and do not represent the views of other Bath Spa staff, or Bath Spa University as an institution.
- Art and design
- Bath Spa
- Business and management
- Culture and society
- Education and teaching
- Science and environment
- Students and alumni
- Writing, Performance and Production
Feeling a little stressed by your first week at uni? Relax with our staff and student curated playlist…
Dr Jermaine Ravalier writes about this year's Black History (and Black Futures) celebrations at Bath Spa.
Gemma Wynton talks to Alex Witty about his new creative project – a portable charging shoe.
Student Communications Ambassador Kelly Jones shares her experience of what it's like to study at university.
Student Communications Ambassador Chiara shares her favourite places to eat in Bath.
Student Communications Ambassador Becky Spicer shares five delicious student recipes for you to perfect.