A supportive space for you to thrive
We're more than just a university - we're a unique, diverse and friendly community. Take a virtual tour and check out what we have to offer. We think you'll fit right in.
We're more than just a pretty face - we offer a range of great facilities to inspire and help you reach your full potential.
"Being creative isn’t just about art, music, drama… although that’s part of it. It’s ingrained in the way we teach. Our ethos. All our students are encouraged to be creative problem solvers – they are enterprising and innovative."
– Professor Sue Rigby, Vice-Chancellor
Why Bath Spa?
Great teaching. Execellent facilities. Plenty of space for you to be you.
- We're known for our amazing campuses - from woodland paths, lakes and grazing sheep to old factories-turned-modern. No matter which of our locations you're at, there's no place like Bath Spa. Take a virtual tour and see for yourself!
- Our teaching sites and facilities are updated regularly, and cover all the bases from theatre and TV studios, music tech facilities, specialist libraries, computer labs and more.
- Sustainability is part of our ethos. We're ranked First Class in environmental and ethical performance on the People & Planet University League Table.
- Our award-winning Students' Union, loads of clubs and societies, and helpful student services will ensure you feel at home, safe and supported.
- Small class sizes and dedicated teaching staff means you'll never be just a number - you'll learn from passionate teachers who are experts in their fields.
- Bath is a great place to study, offering the best of both urban and rural life. And it's one of the safest places for students in the UK.
“So often from friends at larger universities I hear that they feel like a number in a huge room full of students, but every single one of my lecturers knew my name and my story. I feel like all my classmates had an exceptional relationship with our academics, meaning that we were so much more engaged with our work.”
- Atlanta Yeatman, BA (Hons) Philosophy and Ethics
All you need to help you succeed
- Our Student Wellbeing services can support you with advice around mental and physical health, accessibility, money advice and more. Or you can just chill out with our team of wellbeing dogs!
- We've got an award-winning Careers and Employability team to help you plan for the future, whether it's finding a placement, help setting up a business or finding a part-time job on campus.
- Student finance is there to answer questions about course fees, as well as scholarships and other funding options to help you make the most of your time at university.
- A great university needs a great library. Our Libray and learning services provide over 200,000 e-books and 15,000 academic e-journals in addition to print books, journals, music scores, CDs and DVDs. And wi-fi, of course.
Our climate pledge
We are very aware of our responsibility for protecting our environment and over the last ten years have worked hard to address the climate impacts of our university. Our goal is to make sure that all our students are sustainability-literate, able to make informed decisions throughout their lives – and able to influence others to do likewise.
To date, we have reduced our carbon emissions by over 50% per m2, increased recycling rates to 80% of all University waste, and improved the biodiversity on our sites through our biodiversity and habitat management plan. But, we want to do more, so we’ve set out a pathway to net-zero carbon emissions by 2030 in our new Carbon Reduction Plan.
With your help, we hope to achieve this by reporting on our carbon reduction targets annually, buying our electricity from 100% renewable suppliers, minimising our production of waste, and much more.
"The campus is amazing, the lecturers are amazing and Bath in general is amazing. The University is so welcoming, the accommodation is cosy, the facilities are great and the nightlife isn’t half bad either. You’ll have such a great time – I wish I could do it all again!"
– Leonie Deveney, BA (Hons) Sociology
Life in Bath
Bath blends ancient history and contemporary cool. It's a vibrant city, famous for the Roman Baths and its Georgian architecture.
A UNESCO World Heritage city, Bath is situated in the beautiful countryside of the South West. It's steeped in culture and the arts, with plenty of festivals celebrating comedy, music, literature, food, film and much more.
Want to know why our students fall in love with Bath?
Clubs and societies
The Students' Union is home to dozens of clubs and societies that cover a wide range of activities and interests. In the unlikely event that you can't find the right society or team for you, you can start one up!
Joining a club or society is a fantastic way to meet other students and make long-lasting friendships. You'll become part of a family that will be a huge part of your life, even after you've graduated!