Looking to start up a small business? Learn the basics to get started in this Entrepreneurship for Beginners course.
- Gain the skills you need to start up a small business including how to find your target market and your unique selling point.
- Discover key marketing techniques to establish your business's brand.
- Understand small business legislation to ensure you’re compliant with relevant laws such as the Data Protection Act.
Want to start your own small business? During this four day Entrepreneurship for Beginners course you’ll learn how to find your target audience, market your product or service and manage your business's finances.
"This course is perfect for those wanting to start a small business. You’ll be given the basics to kick start your entrepreneurial journey."Carey Rowland, Lecturer in Digital Business Skills
Over the four days you’ll take part in a series of online lectures discussing topics including:
- Developing a business idea, including support with a business plan
- Conducting market research for small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- Learning about branding and creating customer personas
- Gaining knowledge of consumer buying behaviour
- Learning how to analyse social media, website and marketing metrics
- Understanding business legislation for SMEs
This course will take place online.
This short course costs £250 per person.
Meet the team
Carey Rowland is a Lecturer in Digital Business Skills. Her areas of expertise include entrepreneurship, marketing theory and business management.