Due to Covid-19, we're sorry to announce that we will not be running any short courses or workshops during the 2020-21 academic year.
Develop a screen printing project and learn the fundamental techniques of screen printing on this ten-week evening class in central Bath.
- Learn the basics or refresh your previous experience of screen printing.
- Develop an individual project and gain confidence in your printing ability.
- Experience stencil and image making, ink mixing and other printing techniques.
This ten-week course is designed to introduce you to the fundamentals of screen printing, or act as a refresher if you have previous experience.
As the course develops, you'll become familiar with printing equipment and experience a range of techniques and processes that will enable you to print on your own with greater confidence at the class's end.
Workshop time and dates:
- Wednesday evenings 6pm - 9pm
- Starts February 5 2020 - runs for ten sessions
About your tutor
Kelsey Cruz-Martin is an artist and screen print technician. In 2018, Kelsey graduated from Bath Spa with a first-class BA (Hons) Fine Art. During her degree, she developed a practice that experimented heavily with sound and print.
With a background in Fashion and Textile Design, (Central Institution of Technology, Perth, Western Australia) Kelsey's love for traditional image-making goes hand-in-hand with her current artist practice; exploring the realms of language, traditional print, and creating immersive installations combining sound and print.
What you'll do
Over the ten weeks, we'll cover:
- A quick introduction: screen printing’s history and inspiring current artists
- The fundamentals of screen printing: a tour of the print studio, equipment and tools
- Individual project development
- Stencil and image-making
- Coating screens using light-sensitive emulsion
- Screen exposure process
- Screen preparation
- Ink mixing
- Screen printing tricks and techniques
Our aim is that by the end of the ten-week workshop, you'll have acquired the necessary skills and confidence to print on your own.
The course will take place at our Locksbrook Campus in Bath.
The fee for this programme is £195 for all ten sessions, inclusive of materials.
What to bring
Aprons are provided, but please wear old clothing and closed footwear.
You can bring your own snacks and drinks, but these will not be allowed in the teaching rooms.
To book, or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.