We're sorry to announce that as a precautionary measure, this course has been postponed until further notice.
A workshop designed for developing artists to improve their skills.
- Explore some introductory sketching and drawing techniques.
- Develop and nurture your own ideas and practice with feedback through drawing.
- Learn from Fhiona Mckie, a practising artist and designer with 20 years' teaching experience.
This one day workshop will give students an opportunity to explore some introductory skills for sketching and drawing.
The session will explore a range of mark making techniques and drawing that focus on the use of line.
Workshop date: 4 April 2020.
What you'll do
With instruction from your tutor, you'll be given the opportunity to explore a range of sketching and drawing skills.
The emphasis of the session is to investigate drawing through observation using a range of drawing materials and mark making techniques.
You'll also be encouraged to develop and nurture your own ideas and practice with feedback through drawing.
The session will cover a range of mark making techniques and drawing that focuses on the use of line.
You'll be able to take home your work from the day.
The course will take place at our Locksbrook Campus in central Bath.
The fee for the session is £80.
What to bring
- Willow charcoal
- Thin and chunky graphite sticks
- Range of soft and hard pencils
- Erasers (putty and tablet)
- White cartridge paper size A3 and A1 (3 sheets of each)
- Grey sugar paper size A1 (2 sheets)
All these items are available to purchase in Locksbrook Art Shop.
About your tutor
Fhiona McKie is a practising artist and designer and has 20 years' experience teaching art and design to adults and college and university students.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.