Learn from experienced local weavers Angie Parker and Penny Wheeler on this three-day masterclass.
- Use colour theory and psychology to create your own design and colour combinations.
- Work in a small class on a dedicated table loom alongside the two tutors.
- Learn from experienced local weavers Angie Parker and Penny Wheeler.
This exclusive three-day colour and pattern weaving masterclass is limited to a maximum of eight students.
You'll work with a dedicated table loom alongside the two tutors, who'll show you how to set up and hand-weave two long-established pattern techniques: Krokbragd and Extra Weft.
You'll create your own design and colour combinations, inspired by colour theory and psychology, and work mostly with woollen yarns.
The workshop is suitable for keen beginners and experienced weavers.
Workshop dates: 6-8 July 2020
"Krokbragd was a completely new weave structure to me which I wanted to learn and I found it challenging but very interesting to do. Loved the results so will use this structure in future and explore it using different yarns."Workshop student
What you'll do
- Designing warps and wefts using card windings
- Colour theory for weaving
- Setting up table looms.
- Introduction to Krokbragd, Extra Weft and how patterns build
- Weaving samples.
- Exploring colour and mood
- Finishing techniques.
The course will take place at our Sion Hill campus in central Bath.
The fee for this course is £265, inclusive of materials.
What to bring
You can bring your own lunch, or eat at Café Sion. Light refreshments are provided.
"Colour use is an area I have sometimes found difficult but, having done colour theory work with explanations of the language, the handouts and practical exercises, my understanding has grown and I can now explore this area further."Workshop student
To book, or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.