The Centre for Research in Scientific and Technological Learning and Education is a multidisciplinary research group. Find profiles, publications and contact details of members here.
Bath Spa University Staff
- Kendra McMahon, Senior Lecturer in Science Education, IfE (joint centre leader)
- Alan Howe, Education Studies Programme Leader, IfE (joint centre leader)
- June Bianchi, Senior Lecturer in Art Education, Leader of Art PGCE, IfE
- Dr Nigel Chaffey, Course Leader: Environmental Science, CoLA - Culture and Environment, News Editor for Annals of Botany which hosts his monthly plant education column “Plant Cuttings”,
- Chris Collier, Senior Lecturer in Primary Science Education, module leader Education and the Environment, IfE
- Rebecca Digby, Senior Lecturer in Education, Programme Leader Education Studies Early Years, IfE
- Sarah Earle, Senior Lecturer in Primary Science Education (TAPS Project lead), PhD student, IfE
- Dr Peter Etchells, Senior Lecturer in Biological Psychology, CoLA - Culture and Environment, coordinator of the Guardian's science blog network, where he has written about the intersection of neuroscience and education
- Penny Hay, Senior Lecturer in Arts Education and Director of Research 5x5x5=creativity, IfE
- Dr Iain Haysom, Course Leader: Diet and Health, CoLA - Culture and Environment, leader of open module Discovering Science,
- Isabel Hopwood-Stephens, Lecturer in primary science education and PhD student, IfE
- Dr Alison Lee, Coordinator of Graduate Studies in Psychology CoLA - Culture and Environment, with particular interest in the neuropsychology of Parkinson’s disease.
- Paul Lortal, Secondary PGCE Programme Leader, PGCE Biology, IfE
- Darren Mckay, Senior Lecturer in Primary PGCE
- Caroline Ormesher, Senior Lecturer, Primary Maths, IfE
- Dr Anil de Sequeira, External Affairs Co-ordinator (Biology) and Course Leader BSc (Hons) Food with Nutrition and BA/BSc Food and Nutrition (Combined) CoLA - Culture and Environment,
- Dr Chloe Shu-Hua Yeh, Senior Lecturer of Education Studies (Research Methods), IfE
- Dr Ian Todd, Biology subject Leader, CoLA - Culture and Society
- Anna Holbrook, Course Leader - Physics Secondary PGCE, CoLA - Science and Environment
Associate members external to BSU with whom we are currently working on research:
- Professor Dan Davies, Dean of the Cardiff School of Education, Cardiff Metropolitan University. Professor Davies has been a co-researcher on the TAPS project.
- Dr Camille Paoletti. Camille acted as a visiting researcher from University of Strasbourg, France in 2015