We hold a selection of databases which contain full text and abstracts of e-journals. A full list of all our databases can be found on the Databases page. Key databases relevant for Commercial Music are listed below.:
- Box of Broadcasts - BoB: the British Universities Film & Video Council's on-demand TV and radio service for education. This service allows students and staff to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels.
- Business Source Complete: is a general business resource, but could be useful for researching music industry developments like P2P networks, mobile downloads, music copyright, etc. Includes titles like Billboard & Music Week
- InfoTrac Newsstand: provides access to full-text newspapers and allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section, or other fields.
- Music Ally: is an information service that provides students and academics access to essential information on the digital music business. This database contains searchable current news, in-depth country profiles, analysis, and digital marketing reports that are essential for keeping you up to date in the fast paced commercial music industry.
- Rock's Backpages: is the biggest online database of rock music writing in the world. It contains over 20,000 classic articles from the last 50 years on everyone from Aaliyah to ZZ Top and all genres from rockabilly to hip hop.