Dr Ceri Davies joined Bath Spa University in 2017 as a Science Technical Demonstrator, specialising in analytical instrumentation.
As a demonstrator, Ceri assists in practical sessions for science subjects, including Food with Nutrition, Biology, Environmental Science and Geography. In an addition, she can act as a teaching resource to individual students, and supports staff and students with individual research projects, e.g. dissertations.
In conjunction with the other laboratory team members, Ceri maintains the laboratories and their equipment, and prepares the resources and chemical materials required for practical sessions. She is also responsible for hazardous chemicals within the science laboratories.
Ceri previously worked as an analytical research technician at Lancaster University, following her PhD in Environmental Science in which she developed and implemented a stable isotope method to trace phosphorus in freshwaters.
She has achieved an Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA), and is a Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (AMRSC).
- PhD Environmental Science, University of Lancaster
- MSc Environmental Geochemistry, University of Leeds
- MSci (Hons) Natural Sciences (Chemistry and Earth Science), University of Durham.
- Analytical instrumentation, including high-performance liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, and atomic absorption spectroscopy
- Nutrient analyses of soils and water
- Food analysis
- Scientific writing
- Microsoft Office.