Demelza Curnow has been at Bath Spa University since 2012. She is currently Head of Academic Governance and Quality, having previously covered similar roles at Oxford and Falmouth.
At Bath Spa, she leads Academic Services, the unit which manages the processes and procedures for assuring the quality and standards of the University's degrees. This includes: programme approval and review; partner provision; the external examining system; servicing a number of the sub-committees to Academic Board; and student engagement in quality assurance processes.
Demelza is currently Deputy Secretary to the Board of Governors and the Academic Board, a member of the Student Representatives Committee and Senior Staff Forum, and attends both the Academic Quality and Standards Committee and Collaborative Provision Committee.
Externally, Demelza has undertaken a number of reviews at other institutions for the Quality Assurance Agency. She has served as an external member on committees at University of Wales Trinity St David, Liverpool John Moores University and Weston College, and is currently an award external examiner at Southampton Solent University.
- MA (Hons) English Language and Literature - St Andrews
- MA Medieval Studies - Bristol
- PhD - Bristol.
- Academic Registrars Council Quality Practitioners Group
- Association of University Administrators
- Early English Text Society
- Quality Strategy Network.
Other external roles
- Award External Examiner, Southampton Solent University (2018-22)
- External Member, University of Wales Trinity St David Annual Monitoring Committee (2014-19)
- Accrediting University Representative, Weston College Higher Education Board of Studies
- QAA reviewer (IRENI, HER, HER(AP), QSR).
Contact Demelza about
- Academic governance (Academic Board and its subcommittees)
- Programme approval and discontinuation
- Programme review (annual and cyclical)
- Student engagement in academic quality assurance and enhancement.