I am a senior lecturer in the School of Education and one of the Programme Leaders for the Primary and Early Years PGCE.
As a senior Lecturer I contribute to a range of programmes across the Education Studies undergraduate course, most notably a second year module 'Supporting Children's Behaviour' which studies different perspectives and influences on young children's behaviour in educational contexts.
As Programme Leader on the Primary and Early Years PGCE I contribute to the development and management of Bath Spa University's outstanding teacher education provision, supporting staff in ensuring innovative and high quality practice and experiences for our students (Bath Spa Teachers), in close partnership and collaboration with schools and early years settings. I have a leading role in co-ordinating both the Early Years (3-7 route) and SEN/D specialisms.
My teaching career spans more than thirty years, much of this time as a classroom teacher in primary schools and early years settings, and as an Early Years Behaviour Consultant for Bristol Local Authority. I have particular expertise in: Learning Behaviour; Inclusion and SEN/D; and Personal, Social and Emotional Development. I provide personalised provision for Bath Spa Teachers on behaviour issues and am a recognised national school leader in behaviour and attendance (NPSLBA). I have a special interest in emotional well-being and resilience,and my research profile reflects key aspects of social and emotional learning and development for both children and adults. I am a qualified teacher coach and provide training on counselling skills and Restorative Approaches in Schools and early years settings. I believe in a values-based, holistic approach and am a passionate advocate of inclusive education and the principles of deeply reflective pedagogy.
- BA(Hons) University of Exeter
- PGCE University of the West of England
- MEd University of the West of England.
- PGCE: Special Educational Needs
- Further Adult Education Training Course (FAETC)
- Certificate in Coaching Skills
- Early Years Professional Status (EYPS) Assessor
- Restorative Approaches in Schools Stage 3
- Certificate in National Programme for School Leaders in Behaviour and Attendance (NPSLBA)Tuning into Kids.
- Early Education
- Training, Advancement and Co-operation in Teaching Young Children (TACTYC)
- National Childrens Bureau (NCB)
- Teacher Education Advancement Network (TEAN)
- Society for Education Studies(SES)
- British Education Studies Association(BESA)
- Society for Research in Higher Education(SRHE)
- PSHE Association
- Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain (PESGB)
- University College Union (UCU).