I graduated from the University of Plymouth in 2005 with a BSc (Hons) in Marine Biology and Coastal Ecology. I then became a laboratory technician for Bath Spa University shortly after graduating, and in 2016 was promoted to Technical Demonstrator.
I support laboratory practical classes for degree programmes in Biology, Environmental Science, Food with Nutrition, Human Nutrition, Geography and Psychology. This involves method development and preparation of equipment and test materials alongside support during classes. In addition to practical classes I support individuals on a one-to-one basis and aid dissertation students with their scientific investigations.
I am professionally qualified as an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA) and have a postgraduate certifiicate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
My teaching specialisms include:
- Molecular Biology
- Environmental Biology
- Soil and Water analysis
- Analytical analysis using Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry (AAS), High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Gas Chromatography (GC).
- BSc(Hons) Plymouth University.
- Nutrient analysis of soils and water
- Microscopy for Undergraduates
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography.