Successful television producer and director with over 28 years of professional production experience.
- Worked extensively on studio based shows and film productions for ITV, C4 and BBC including music, quiz and chat shows, and situation comedy as well live news and OB sport and children’s programming. Including, Robin of Sherwood, Ghost Train, Question Time, Going for Gold, Antiques Road Show, Late and Live and Sex Wars
- Freelance director for Available Light Productions directing feature length television drama “ The Levels” based on the novel by Peter Benson, set in the Somerset Levels starring Dean Lennox Kelly and Lucy Black
- Directed many documentary and educational series including award winning Defining Moments and Moments of Passion for ITV West and Westcountry
- Produced drama and documentary of Child in the Forest based on memoir of Winifred Foley
- Worked extensively with well known TV presenters including Alan Titchmarsh, Philippa Forrester, Chris Chapman and Dr Kathy Sykes
- As CEO of Maidens Voyage Productions, worked as Writer/Producer/Director on many historical dramas including In Defence of the Chocolate Soldier and Mere Marriage as well as producing low budget short dramas films with new writers /directors for television and festivals including The Day Granddad went Blind with Christopher Smith ( Creep, Severance)
- TV scripting includes work as writer and storyliner BBC Waterloo Road
- Currently developing a BBC drama strand with new writer and as well as writing own original work for television
- MA Glasgow Caledonian University
- CertEd UWE
- PG DIPLOMA IN CAREERS GUIDANCE UWE
- Vocational degree in Television Production Ravensbourne College of Art and Design.
- QCG Qualifcation in Careers Guidance.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Since 2008 part time lecturer devising and delivering core 2 nd Year module for BA ( Hons) Creative Media Practice at Bath Spa University and now work as Associate Lecturer in Television production degree at BSU teaching 1st year Introduction to production which included directing “ as live” television coverage of performing arts students in sit com module
- Worked with Performing Arts students at BSU directing casting sessions and devising television techniques
- Delivered modules in TV Drama and Continuing drama scripting for Gloucester University and Regents in London
- Educational research projects include devising specialised training for taxi drivers and passenger carers for a variety of special needs children
- Ongoing research and novel development into female missionaries in remote parts of Canada during the two world wars
- Features writer for Weston Daily Press for many years.
- Written and delivered specialist modules for both Gloucester and Regents University in London in TV Drama and Writing Continuing Drama.
Other external roles
- Associate for Red Door Coaching and Training Ltd
- Freelance writer.
- Television and Media Production
- Research and Interview techniques
- Careers Guidance.
Research and academic outputs
Gittings, L (2012) Waterloo Road.
Gittings, L (2006) Sex wars.
Gittings, L (2004) Magick eye.
Gittings, L (2003) Generations.
Gittings, L (2001) Mother me daughter.
Gittings, L (2001) A child in the forest.
Gittings, L (2001) Winifred Foley - a child from the forest.
Gittings, L (2001) How many children?
Gittings, L (2000) Bhangra heads.
Gittings, L (2000) Defining moment.
Gittings, L (2000) Silent scream.
Gittings, L (2000) Daniel's friends.
Gittings, L (1999) Moments of fear.
Gittings, L (1999) 25 years of Partridge Films.
Gittings, L (1999) The day Granddad went blind.
Gittings, L (1998) A mere marriage.
Gittings, L (1998) Mates.
Gittings, L (1998) One true thing.
Gittings, L (1996) The Levels.
Gittings, L (1995) In defence of the chocolate soldier.
Gittings, L (1995) New Mr and Mrs show.
Gittings, L (1984) Wildscreen at Watershed.
Gittings, L (2012) Wartime delivery.