- Senior Lecturer PGCE Primary
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)1225 875523
- School: School of Education
- Campus: Sion Hill
Lisa joined Bath Spa University in 2019 and works as an Academic Tutor and Lecturer in professional studies, science and geography on the Primary PGCE. She teaches science on the EYITT course and contributes to an online module for Master’s students.
Prior to working in Initial Teacher Education, Lisa worked as an early years and primary school teacher, leading a range of subjects and mentoring trainee teachers. She taught for over ten years in the UK, Hong Kong and California. In San Diego, Lisa taught at a project-based learning school, which had a strong focus on equity and social justice. The development of socially responsible, community-based projects allowed her to pursue her interest in meaningful, creative, cross-curricular learning.
Lisa has a particular interest in the learning sciences and how research in this field can inform decision-making in the primary classroom. She is currently involved in a project exploring the learning sciences in Initial Teacher Education.
- MSc Neuroscience and Education
- PGCE Primary (Primary Languages specialism)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Professional Affiliate of the Chartered College of Teaching
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Areas of expertise
- Initial Teacher Education
- The learning sciences
- Professional studies