I have worked as an educational professional for over 20 years. Initially I taught secondary science in four state schools, leading several science departments as well as being pastoral leader. In 2008 I was recognised as an Advanced Skills Teacher, with responsibility for whole-school teaching and learning whilst also helping schools at risk of closure.
At the same time I was in charge of all school ITT programmes and the development of Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs). I have experience of overseeing a large capital expenditure programme, leading the development of a new sustainable science building (The Nucleus) at Hayesfield Girls school.
Most recently I have led the development of the three secondary science PGCE courses. I am Programme Leader for the Secondary PGCE, focusing on school partnerships, mentor training and recruitment. My research interests are currently focused on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on student teachers and their ongoing training as Early Career Teachers (ECTs).
- BSc Biology – University of Sussex
- PGCE – University of Bristol
- MA – University of the West of England
- FHEA – Bath Spa University
- EdD (ongoing) – University of Bristol
- External Examiner (Science) – University of Chichester
- Chief External Examiner – University of Chichester
- Parent Governor
Areas of expertise
- Secondary Science and Education
Contact Paul about
- Initial Teacher Education
- PGCE training
- Secondary science teaching