Paul Minott’s experience has been primarily as a graphic designer working in print, packaging and brand development for a range of consultancies, and independently. His professional experience forms the basis for his studio teaching, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Paul also teaches Historical and Critical Studies in Graphic Communication.
Recent projects include:
- Barclays plc: Brand identity for literature and visual style for UK employee communications
- Citigroup Europe: Brand identity for literature and visual style for all Europe wide employee communications
- Diageo plc: Identity for print and web-based financial services for employees, shareholders and pensioners
- Falcon Global Ltd: Brand Identity
- IDEA Engineers, UK: Brand Identity
- Armadillo Engineering, UK: Brand Identity.
Research and external activities
Paul has been immersed in ongoing research concerning the life and work of Marcel Duchamp for several years, and was instrumental in the creation and dissemination of the 2017 exhibition Fountain 17 as part of the Hull City of Culture to celebrate the centenary of Duchamp’s seminal work Fountain. Since 2016 Paul has been an exhibiting printmaker, and his research in this area explores new approaches to monoprinting.
- Langham, K. PhD 2019 Play as a Design Tool.
- Central Saint Martins (University of the Arts), Graphic Design External Examiner
- Gloucestershire University Graphic Design, External Examiner.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts (FRSA) 1998.
- Corporate and brand identity design
- Packaging and new product development
- Historical and Critical studies of graphic communication.
- MA Information Design, London Institute
- BA (Hons) 1st Class Graphic Design, Kent Institute.
Research and academic outputs
Images in time: flashing forward, backward, in front and behind photography in fashion, advertising and the press
Turney, J, Sigurjonsdottir, A, Langkjaer, M and Minott, P (2011) Images in time: flashing forward, backward, in front and behind photography in fashion, advertising and the press. Wunderkammer, Bath. ISBN 9780956646224
Whittaker, E, Landrum, A and Minott, P (1998) Nonsite to Celebration Park: essays on art and the politics of space. Wunderkammer Press, Bath. ISBN 9781905200726
Minott, P and Porter, S (2016) Pretty abstract: public talk. In: Black Swan Arts: Public Talks, 29 September 2016, Black Swan Arts, Frome, UK.
Minott, P (2014) Marinetti: the power and the fury. In: BLAST, 24 - 26 July 2014, Bath School of Art and Design, Sion Hill, Bath.
Minott, P (2021) Pretty Abstract (2015-2018) [REF2021 collection].
Minott, P (2021) Fountain 17 (2015-2017) [REF2021 collection].
Minott, P (2013) The Bride Stripped Bare By Herne Bay Even.
Minott, P (2013) Duchamp in Herne Bay commemorative poster.
Minott, P (2013) The Bride Stripped Barr.
Minott, P (2016) Pretty abstract. Black Swan Arts, Frome, UK, 10 September - 8 October 2016.
Minott, P (2014) BLAST: a mural and sonic cone. In: BLAST, Bath School of Art and Design, Sion Hill, Bath, 24 - 26 July 2014.
Minott, P (2013) Duchamp in Herne Bay. In: Duchamp in Herne Bay, Kings Hall, Herne Bay, Kent, 31 July - 17 August 2013.
Minott, P (2011) Descending a staircase. The Dispensary Gallery and Radio Cinema, Bath, July 2011.
Minott, P (2010) Obsession Hitchcock. BSAD Gallery, Bath, UK, March 2010.
Minott, P (2009) Grotesque accidents in philosophy: an artist's book, an alternative primer in Western philosophy. Bath Spa University, Bath, UK.
Minott, P (2014) Animating Marinetti’s ‘Zang Tumb Tumb’ (1914) as a component of a public lecture.
Minott, P (2011) Vague.
Minott, P (2011) La Cage du champ.
Minott, P (2010) Conspiracy: theory.