Tamsin is a Senior Lecturer specialising in marketing and fashion. Utilising twenty-seven years of industry experience in category and sales management, marketing, retail management and visual merchandising, she teaches across a variety of topics by contextualising theory; having worked at every market level across all retail channels in the U.K., and internationally across multi-product categories.
Working for industry leading brands such as Nike, she scoped and developed new roles and businesses and, more recently, runs her own consultancy advising footwear and apparel brands on sales and distribution planning and launching in the UK.
She has been a lecturer for seven years, teaching and developing new fashion business courses, and is qualified and experienced in the design and development of new curricula and quality enhancement in marketing and business management programmes.
She is also regularly invited to peer review fashion marketing publications and to advise on panels and validations of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Tamsin's research interests encompass the following:
- The changing nature of "traditional" fashion industry roles within marketing, buying, merchandising and promotion
- The evolving retail and e-tail landscape
- Student employability.
- PGCert, Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- BA (Hons), Fashion and Textiles - University of the West of England
- Fellow - Higher Education Academy
- Member - Academy of Marketing (special interest group for Fashion Marketing and Consumption)
- Member - Society of Authors.
Areas of expertise
- The retail and wholesale environment
- International fashion marketing issues
- Brand building and management
- Student employability.
Other external roles
- External examiner for Fashion Marketing BA (Hons) and Diploma in Professional Studies - Fashion Business School (London College of Fashion)
- External Examiner for Fashion Promotion and Imaging BA (Hons) - London School of Film, Media and Design (University of West London)
- Guest Lecturer - University of Westminster and Conde Nast College of Fashion and Design.
Tamsin teaches on the following modules:
- The Marketing Business
- New Trends in Management
- Dissertation supervision.
Co-author of ‘Marketing Fashion Footwear-The Business of Shoes (Bloomsbury, 2017).
This publication is the first of its kind and aimed at a global audience of undergraduates, recent graduates, and professionals new to footwear. It is the definitive guide to the theories and strategies used to develop, manage, and market fashion footwear. It addresses a current gap in academic fashion literature.
Tamsin project managed the launch of the UK’s largest permanent student run fashion and lifestyle store in 2012. In 2013, the Re:So project was awarded a Purple Apple for Community Relations by the British Council of Shopping Centres (‘Re:So’ stands for the Retail Solent project).