The Research in Music Education (RiME) conference gathers together researchers, teachers and practitioners to discuss all aspects of teaching and learning in music
Conference director: Mary Stakelum
Newton Park, Bath Spa University, BA2 9BN
23 to 26 April 2019
The aim of the conference is to gather together researchers, teachers and practitioners to share and discuss research that is concerned with all aspects of teaching and learning in music.
Topics may include: musical development, perception and understanding, creativity, learning theory, pedagogy, curriculum design, informal settings, music for special needs, technologies, instrumental teaching, teacher education, gender and culture. Music education is also viewed in the context of arts education, the whole curriculum and its sociocultural contexts.
Guidelines for contributors
Abstracts must follow these guidelines in order to be considered:
- Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be submitted with an indication of the mode of presentation: e.g. paper, poster, and symposium
- Abstracts should be sent as Word compatible documents, please DO NOT send PDF documents
- Authors who intend to submit their work to the journal should indicate this on the abstract (i.e. ‘this article will also be submitted to the journal for review’)
- Paper presentations should be 20 minutes in length, to be followed by up to 10 minutes chaired discussion time
- Practical workshops linking research to practice are especially welcome
- If you are interested in organising a symposium, please contact the conference director before submitting an abstract
- Criteria for acceptance: original, well conducted and reported research, relevant to an international audience in the field of music education, demonstrating sufficient command of English
- A short curriculum vitae (resumé) of no more than one side of A4 must be attached.
Please note that all abstracts are anonymously reviewed.
To submit an abstract, please use the template below and save and submit to email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions has now passed.
Registration and booking
Full Conference Registration - £230.00
Full Conference Registration (Student) - £180.00
Tuesday 23rd April 2019 - £95.00
Wednesday 24th April 2019 - £115.00
Thursday 25th April 2019 - £115.00
Friday 26th April 2019 - £95.00
Evening meals can be purchased at the following rates:
- Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 April - £25.00
- Thursday 25 April (conference meal) - £30.00
Please note that conference registration and meal purchases are non-refundable.
If you have any questions regarding booking or submitting to the conference, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.