Designed by groups of schools in partnership with at at Bath Spa, our School Direct routes are a popular choice for trainee teachers
There are two separate School Direct Training Programmes available in partnership with Bath Spa:
- School Direct Training Programme is for high-quality graduates who want to be part of a school team from day one. You may be eligible for a bursary of up to £20,000 or a scholarship of £25,000 to support you while you train
- School Direct Training Programme (salaried) is an employment-based route for high-quality experienced graduates with at least three years’ work experience. You will earn a salary while you train.
For 2018/19, we have spaces available with our partners on the School Direct Training Programme (non-salaried) route.
"Headteachers are confident that they gain a professional who is of high quality when they employ NQTs from Bath Spa University."Ofsted, 2015
School Direct places are offered by a school, or group of schools, in partnership with Bath Spa. Places for 2018/19 of School Direct will all be on the School Direct Training (unsalaried) Programme, typically lasting one academic year on a full-time basis. This will lead to the award of a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with up to 60 level 7 credits and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
During the 2018/19 academic year, we will be offering School Direct places with the following providers:
- Backwell School
- Bristol Early Years Teaching Consortium (BEYTC) - lead schools Redcliffe Nursery and Children's Centre, St Paul's Nursery, School and Children's Centre,
- Cotswold Edge Teaching School Alliance (CETA)
- West Wilts Alliance
- The Bath and Mendip Teaching School Alliance
- Excalibur Teaching School Alliance
- North Dorset Teaching School Alliance