Troops to Teachers is a prestigious, national programme that is targeted at Service leavers who have the potential to become outstanding teachers.
Bath Spa University is pleased to be a member of a consortium of seven universities, led by the University of Brighton, and a range of outstanding primary and secondary schools to support the development and delivery of the Troops to Teachers (TtT) programme.
TtT is a two-year, employment-based 'advanced standing' programme leading to an honours degree with QTS. The programme is funded by the Department for Education.
Trainee teachers who are enrolled on the TtT programme will:
- Spend two years in their delivery school
- Undertake a range of employment-based activities, Monday through to Thursday each week
- Engage in degree level scheduled learning activities on 'Study Fridays'
- Participate in intensive, residential study weeks
- Be employed by the delivery school as an unqualified teacher at a minimum of £13,168.80 p.a. (a £13,168.80 salary grant will be paid directly to the delivery school, to subsidise the trainee's salary costs, but schools are responsible for all on costs).