Access Needs – Bath Spa University

Priority and adapted rooms for students with a disability or medical condition.

Tell us your needs

We advise that you arrange a visit to campus to discuss your needs in person and you can contact a Student Wellbeing Advisor to arrange this.

If you'd like to apply to stay in halls of residence in your second or third year, you will be contacted during your first term of study. All applications and requirements are considered on an individual basis.

Please note, we use the term disability to cover a range of impairments, medical conditions, mental health issues and specific learning differences. Many conditions have implications for accommodation in terms of equipment, support and facilities. We strongly advise you to tell us about any conditions that you have so we can work with you to make appropriate arrangements and necessary adjustments.

For more information about our accessibility options, please see our page on AccessAble.

Please do contact us, if you have any questions or queries.

Financial Support

If you need a specific type of accommodation due to your access needs, such as a self-contained studio or accessible study bedroom, the University may consider adjusting the cost of your room. For further information please contact the Student Wellbeing team by email:

All applications will be assessed on a case by case basis.

If your support needs are more complex and involve carer support you may require a social services assessment. If you are in receipt of DLA (Disability Living allowance) or PIP (Personal Independence Payment) it is possible this will continue while you are a student and you may be able to claim Universal Credit. Our Student Wellbeing team can provide advice and guidance with this:


Fridge for medication

If you need a fridge in your accommodation to store your medication you will need to advise the University and provide supporting medical evidence. Please note that the University does not provide fridges to store medication. Funding for a personal fridge for medication purposes only, may be available through Disabled Students’ Allowances.

Alerting devices

If you have a hearing impairment and need alerting devices in your accommodation we have devices that you can use. To request this please contact the accommodation team on: and you will be asked to complete a priority housing questionnaire. You will also need to provide supporting medical evidence.  

Accommodation for carers

There is accommodation available on the Newton Park Campus for students who have 24/7 carers. However, we will need to discuss your needs with you. To discuss this further please contact the Student Wellbeing Team on

Progressing from a partner college

If you’re progressing from a partner college and have a medical condition/disability, please make sure you get in contact with the Accommodation team early in the year prior to progressing, so we can discuss your requirements and clarify your options.

Edit section | Website feedback to