We offer a range of support services for recent Bath Spa graduates, from guiding you with employment and further study, to taking that next step in your career
If the last university you graduated from* was Bath Spa University, we have a range of services available to help you make successful steps into employment, further study or working for yourself.
Graduating this year?
Santander has kindly provided grant funding to help you start or grow your business idea, whether alone or with others.
Through our Explore-it, Grow-it and Launch-it pitch competitions you can apply for grants of between £500 and £2000.
For more information, and to apply, go to the Bath Sparks website.
Thinking about going freelance, starting a side hustle or continuing your creative practice?
Here's how we can help you:
- Freelance grants (link to Google form to apply)
- Professional membership and subscription grants (link to Google form to apply)
- Creative project grants (link to Google form to apply)
- Social enterprise grants (link to Google form to apply)
- Business planning toolkit (link to a webpage/pdf which may need to be hosted on bathspa.ac.uk unless it is an external resource)
- Hackathon, webinars and workshops - as part of our Summer Workfest programme.
We have secured a number of fully paid digital internships to help you develop skills and experience while supporting charities, small companies and the University.
These will be project based, lasting 10 to 50 hours at £9.17 per hour.
For more information go to the dedicated digital internships space on MyCareer.
Our summer version of Workfest will be running from 15th to 26th June 2020.
There will be fantastic opportunities to meet and hear from employers, improve your digital application skills, learn new skills key to employability, find out what jobs are available to graduates, carry out a digital internship and get help to bid for funds for a start-up business or working freelance.
For more information check out our events pages on MyCareer.
GradTalent Development Agency
The GradTalent Development Agency is a recruitment and development agency to support graduates in the Southwest.
If you are from the Southwest originally and looking for a graduate job in the region, register on our dedicated recruitment portal.
There are still lots of opportunities and we will work with you to secure the type of work you are looking for. All we need is some details and your CV to get started.
MyCareer is our online portal for booking events, accessing appointments and e-guidance, and searching for jobs and placements. You can sign in using your Bath Spa details.
Graduated in the last three years?
We can offer appointments in person, by phone or through Google Hangouts. They can help you with the following concerns:
- Making career or job choices
- Finding jobs or postgraduate courses
- How to write an effective CV and/or job application
- How to start your own business
- How to succeed at interviews and assessment centres.
Access to MyCareer
Login to MyCareer where you can find jobs, book our events and appointments, or ask a question.
Ask a question online
If you have a quick question or need us to check an application, you can do it through MyCareer.
We’ve got loads of freely available online resources and guides to help you make career decisions, improve your application, or learn the ins and outs of how to work for yourself.
GradTalent Development Agency
Have you graduated and are still looking for your dream job? Sign up to the GradTalent Development Agency and find your next opportunity.
GradTalent offers a personalised employment service designed to assist local* graduates with securing opportunities in their area.
- Specialised job matching between local graduates and local employers
- Employability services to help you successfully navigate the job application, shortlisting, and interview process
- Post-placement support to help you with ongoing career development
*Graduates originally from the South West, who went to University in the South West and are looking for jobs in the South West
*You should have graduated with an undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree (such as a Masters or Postgraduate certificate).
** Did you graduate more than 18 months ago? Don't worry. We can still offer you a session during vacation times.