We can't wait to welcome you to Bath Spa University. We hope you're looking forward to becoming part of our wider global community.
International students should review our International webpages, where you will find:
- Important pre-arrival and arrival information for international students
- Guidance on visas and immigration
- Important information about what you'll need to get organised, including:
- An overview of the international support services available to you as a Bath Spa student.
20 September – international move-in day
To ensure you have enough time to get settled, international students are invited by our Accommodations team to move into halls of residence on 20 September, a few days earlier than UK students.
21 September - International Orientation Day
Starting at a new university in a new country can seem daunting. That’s why we offer a full day of information sessions specifically for new international students. After moving in, all new international students are expected to attend the International Orientation Day, which takes place on 21 September starting at 9am in the Commons Building, Newton Park Campus (map).
The International Relations Office (IRO) will be in touch with you about your arrival, and you'll be emailed when your Welcome Activities schedule becomes available. Your Welcome Activities schedule will give you more details about what you can expect on the day. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Attendance on the International Induction Day is compulsory, so please ensure that you arrive on time to attend the programme so that you get the best possible start to your studies.
22-23 September - undergraduate Registration and enrolment
All new undergraduate students must visit the Commons Building, Newton Park Campus, over Registration Weekend, 22-23 September - see our Arrivals page for full details. Here you can complete your online registration if you have not already done so, and you'll also be required to enrol in person.
If you're a non-EU international student, you'll be required to see our Visa Compliance team to have your documents checked and enrolment confirmed. For more information, see visa information for new students.
17-19 September / 24-28 September - Welcome Activities
- As an undergraduate student, you have a full week of induction activities to help you settle in before teaching begins. See our Welcome Activities page for further information. You'll also be emailed when your full welcome week activities schedule for your course is ready so that you know which days and times you'll need to be on campus.
- As a Postgraduate Master's student, you're invited to attend a course induction at the campus at which you'll be studying. In addition to meeting your course tutors and classmates, you'll complete registration / in-person enrolment on your induction day. Our Welcome activities page has more details, and note that you'll also be emailed when the full welcome activities schedule for your course is ready (including start/end times and session buildings/rooms).
1 October - teaching begins
Teaching for most of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses begins week commencing 1 October.