Bath Spa University Bursaries
Bath Spa University offer bursaries to undergraduate students studying in full-time mode who are eligible for Home or EU student funding.
About the bursary
This Undergraduate Award Scheme is part of Bath Spa University’s Access Agreement with the government and is aimed at widening access to degree courses by removing financial barriers to education for students from under-represented groups.
The bursary is a cash award ranging between £350 and £500, providing students continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
Eligibilty is based on:
- Household income as assessed by Student Finance. Bursaries awarded as below:
How to apply
To be considered for a Bath Spa University bursary, you must:
- Complete an 'Application for Student Finance' for the academic year, making sure you apply for the full package of means-tested support available and supply all evidence requested. You can find full details from DirectGov.
- When making your application, give consent for your household income details to be shared with Bath Spa University. Your household income figure will then be automatically sent to the University and used to assess your eligibility for a bursary.
- Register with Bath Spa University for the academic year.
When is it paid?
Student Finance administer our bursaries on our behalf. This means that bursaries will be paid to you using the bank account details that the SLC hold for your grant and loan payments. Bursaries are paid in three instalments.
- Payment 1 will be 35% of your total bursary and will be paid on 17 November.
- Payment 2 will be 35% of your total bursary and will be paid on 16 February.
- Payment 3 will be the remaining 30% of your total bursary and will be paid on 18th May.