Bath Spa University Bursaries
Bath Spa University offer bursaries to undergraduate students who are eligible for Home or EU student funding.
About the bursary
This Undergraduate Award Scheme is part of Bath Spa University’s Access Agreement with the government and is aimed at widening access to degree courses by removing financial barriers to education for students from under-represented groups.
Bath Spa University is providing 365 awards worth £3,500 each, split over 3 years, to eligible new first year students in 2015/16, who do not hold a first degree or higher qualification.
The bursary is a cash award of £3,500; £1,000 in Year 1, £1,000 in Year 2 and £1,500 in Year 3, providing students meet the eligibility criteria each year.
Eligibilty is based on:
- Household income assessed by Student Finance as below £25,000
- You are a student from England
You will NOT be eligible for the award if:
- You are a student from Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales
- You have any formal sponsorship agreement with anyone other than Student Finance
- You are transferring course, transferring institution or restarting a course
The university will give priority when allocating to students from the following groups:
- Students who are in receipt of Special Support Grant
- Care leavers
- Foyer students
- Students coming from a home postcode area with low participation in higher education
How to apply
To be considered for a Bath Spa University bursary, you must:
- Complete an 'Application for Student Finance' for the academic year, making sure you apply for the full package of means-tested support available and supply all evidence requested. You can find full details from DirectGov.
- Give consent for your household income details to be shared with Bath Spa University when you make your application for student finance (your household income figure will then be automatically sent to the University and used to assess you for the bursary).
- Register with the Bath Spa University for the academic year
When is it paid?
The bursary will be paid in three instalments within each academic year, the approximate payment dates are:
- Payment 1 will be £350 and will be paid on 17th November.
- Payment 2 will be £350 and will be paid on 16th February.
- Payment 3 will be £300 and will be paid on 18th May.
Students can request their bursary as a fee waiver which will be applied against their tuition fees during June.