Your employability is as important to us as it is to you. We’ll be on-hand with professional, friendly careers advice – throughout your degree and after you graduate.
Prepare for a successful future. Within your course and beyond, you'll have access to plenty of opportunities; we can help you with everything careers related, including starting a business, part-time employment, volunteering and placements.
Our careers service
Support and opportunities
You’ll find employability embedded in every course we offer. Beyond your course, we offer employability-boosting opportunities including extracurricular activities, placements and projects.
- one-to-one careers advice with our consultants;
- opportunities to meet graduate recruiters;
- exclusive internship programmes;
- advice on securing placements during your study;
- part-time, internship, voluntary and graduate level opportunities;
- the Bath Spa Award – gain recognition for your skills;
- expert advice if you're considering a freelance career or self-employment.
Gaining professional work experience can increase your employment prospects. We’ll give you a variety of options to gain professional experience, whether it is as part of your course or on an extracurricular basis.
To help you have a successful experience we can:
- help you identify what you want;
- liaise with employers on your behalf;
- run pre-and-post placement meetings, so that you’ll get the most from the experience.
We’ll help you find part-time jobs in the local area, through the Job Shop – a free service for all students.
- We have a huge range of vacancies, updated daily.
- Last academic year the Job Shop advertised over 2000 job opportunities.
- We make sure that all the employers who advertise with us meet our Code of Practice.
We also run drop in sessions, which run three times a week during term time, and offer application advice, including help with CVs and cover letters.
Links with employers
We’ve built links with employers who value the unique skills, talents and personal qualities of Bath Spa University students and graduates. This gives you access to work placements, internships, one-to-one mentoring, visiting lectures, industry advice, and the chance to apply for full-time graduate jobs.
Where to find us
Our main base is located at Stewards lodge at our Newton Park campus – you'll find us just across the road from the Library and University Theatre. We also have a regular presence at both Sion Hill and Corsham Court campuses.
If you have any questions or queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To book an appointment (whether in person, over the phone or via Skype), find out more about our schedule of workshops or access our resources, current students and recent graduates can sign in to My Career.