We hold a selection of databases which contain full text and abstracts of e-journals. A full list of all our databases can be found on the Databases page.
Key databases relevant for Religion and Philosophy are listed below:
- Academic Search Premier this service offers the full text of over 4,700 journals in all academic subjects. In addition, the contents of another 12,000 journals are indexed, many including abstracts.
- Box of Broadcasts - BoB: the British Universities Film & Video Council's on-demand TV and radio service for education. This service allows students and staff to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels.
- Dictionary of National Biography (DNB) - Entries on over 50,000 people who shaped history, society and culture from the earliest times to those who died in 2000.
- JSTOR provides the full text of some 900 journals via a number of collections
- Newsbank is a newspaper database which pulls together all the national daily papers and weekend papers, and some local papers, in one database, for at least the last 10 years.
- Oxford Journals Archive this online archive provides access to the full text of 157 Oxford University Press journals to 1995.
- SocINDEX with full text covers the literature of sociology from 1895 onwards, containing some 1,300,000 records. It offers the full text of over 300 journals and over 500 books and abstracts some 600 core journals in the field.
- Times Digital Archive, 1785-1985 this archive provides access to the whole newspaper, including advertisements, obituaries, classified ads and photographs as well as the articles.