Equality Plans, Policies and Reports
Our policies, reports and data relating to equality and diversity, including Bath Spa Counts
The Equality Act 2010 makes it unlawful to discriminate against people with a protected characteristic, and we're committed to providing an environment which respects and celebrates all members of our community, and is free from discrimination, prejudice, harassment and bullying.
Listed below are details of our equality plan, reports and data.
Equality action plan and data
Under the University's Public Sector Equality Duty set out in the Equality Act 2010 Regulations, the University must prepare and publish one or more specific and measurable equality objectives, at a minimum of every four years. The objective behind the Public Sector Equality Duty in section 149 of the Equality Act 2010 is to ensure that consideration of equality issues forms part of the routine, day to-day decision making and operational delivery of public authorities.
We did not manage to achieve all of the previous Equality Objectives set out for the period 2021-22. In response, the Equality and Diversity Steering Group (EDSG) have developed a short term set of Objectives for the period 2022-23, with the aim of further developing cross-university, staff and student centred approaches to tackling inequality at Bath Spa. The hope is that we can move towards holistic measures of student and staff access, experience, and success, with the Equality Objectives and supporting Equality Action Plan reflecting a whole community approach, as well as our Bath Spa values of respect, inclusion, collaboration, and sustainability.
- Become more diverse in our staff recruitment process. We want to ensure our staff represent the diversity of our student body and general society. So we're thinking critically to improve the levels of diverse recruiting, looking at training and how to continue to support staff further when they arrive, with a particular focus on race, age and disability.
- Continue to develop more inclusive, accessible and decolonised curriculums and wider university services and processes. We'll be working with students, academics, schools and the Students’ Union to continue to work on decolonising our curriculums, and monitoring and updating this regularly.
- Increase awareness and support for marginalised and underrepresented groups by developing and amplifying the work of our staff and student networks. We will continue to host a range of events and projects tailored to the community, as well as making equality networks, resources, and events more prominent in our online communications.
- Work with staff and students to develop and set long-term Bath Spa EDI objectives that take us over a four-year period. Following the work completed in the last Equality Week, we want the EDI strategy to be a collaborative approach. Working with staff and students to understand all lived experiences; involving and prioritising the needs of our staff and students. Where possible these longer-term objectives will have targets that can be measured.
Our latest gender pay gap report is available to view.
See previous reviews here:
- More archive reviews on Sulis (staff login required)
Report and Support data
Student and staff data is available for Report and Support, our online recording tool for safeguarding, bullying or harassment concerns.
Our policies section contains all our equality related policies, including our trans, harassment, sexual violence and misconduct policies.