A studio residency programme for our graduates across art, design, performance, music and creative media.
Creative Enterprise is at the heart of all we do at Bath Spa University, and we're delighted to be launching a new graduate creative practice called EMERGE, based at our Sion Hill campus.
With support from Santander Universities, this initial six month pilot brings together a collective of 30 resident artists, creative practitioners, performers, and start-ups, working alongside creative mentors. It provides a space to work and support, and acts as a cultural and creative hub for the University and the wider community.
As we develop we will be hosting regular workshops, events and activites which will be open to the wider community as we strengthen our partnerships across creative practices.
Our values and what we offer
EMERGE is a free space for collaboration, collisions and opportunity, bringing together creative practice across four disciplines - art, design, music and performance and creative media - to work alongside each other. We're here to support and celebrate new, brave ways of working and thinking across creative practices, especially for emerging creatives.
Through a combined offer of free workspace, skills development, workshops, small bursaries and creative business and mentor support, EMERGE will enable creative practitioners to develop sustainable, impactful careers and thrive within their industries.
EMERGE offers 11 artist studios and six design stations, along with co-working, meeting and rehearsal space, to support our emerging creative practitioners as they transition from graduates to professionals within their chosen pathway.
As we grow, EMERGE aims to:
- Utilise creative expertise from the community and find ways for the EMERGE space to benefit the wider creative ecosystem within the city.
- Link the outputs from our residents to the industry through events such as Bath Festival, FaB and beyond.
- Support residents into wider co-working spaces following their six month residency.
- Link to wider community initiatives and bids such as the iSTART project and The Studio.
- Place inclusivity and diversity at the heart of our creative collective and to maximise opportunities for all.
- Show the value and impact of the University investing in creative practice space for graduate professional development, away from the traditional models of Enterprise and Innovation spaces.
- Develop through partnerships both within the University and other education providers, governing bodies and industry into a key residency space for Bath and the South West region.
Our residents work across a range of creative practices, from art, design, performance and music and creative media.
Meet our residents.
Our creative mentors
We have five creative mentors with experience across our specific areas of expertise, who support and work alongside our residents whilst developing their own practices.
Meet our creative mentors.
EMERGE has been made possible through a partnership between Bath Spa University Careers Team and Santander Universities.
We are actively looking to expand our partnerships within the city and beyond as our EMERGE collective grows.
To find out more around our partnerships and to explore ways EMERGE could work with your organisation email: email@example.com
How to find us
EMERGE is based on the ground floor at the Sion Hill campus, in what was the old library space. We are fully accessible and are happy to discuss any access requirements before your visit.
There is a small car park and we may be able to book a parking space for you, subject to availability.
Visits are currently by appointment only, but we would love to show you around! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org