We will build partnerships
To each of these partnerships, we'll bring our core values and our creative professionalism to bear, ensuring that whilst each partnership is unique, all are identifiably influenced by our distinctive identity.
These partnerships will:
- Foster economic and cultural development at a range of scales
- Extend our reach within and beyond the West of England so that we're learning and sharing best practice wherever we find it
- Improve our student learning and graduate outcomes
- Ensure that our work is relevant, useful and needed
A partnership approach
Our approach will include, but not be limited to:
- Employer and enterprise partnerships – with industries, SMEs, unitary authorities,
local and regional government and business leaders. We'll contribute to economic growth and development, and will work closely with employers in the design of our degrees and in our research and creative endeavours.
- Educational partnerships – with schools, colleges, private providers of HE, universities and other centres of learning, in order to share best practice, to develop talent pipelines, to explore best practice and to capitalise on emerging educational opportunities.
- Cultural and creative partnerships – with museums, galleries, festivals, creative sector bodies, individuals within cultural and creative industries, to optimise our creative reach and the possibilities afforded to our staff and students.
- Alumni engagement – to ensure that our community is lifelong and that our students and graduates benefit from this continued engagement with Bath Spa University.
- An international approach is critical if we're to optimise our impact, in our research and in our creative work, through our staff and for our students. In a global world, we'll be globally aware and globally connected.
Whether we build satellite campuses, strategic educational partnerships, or long-standing links with other bodies, we will focus on our core attributes of nurture and creativity and our determined ambition to make a difference, in order to add value to individuals and communities locally, nationally and globally.