Quick guides and signposts to key IT services such as MyServices, Minerva and more...
What is MyServices?
MyServices is your self-service portal for problem solving and requesting support. You can contact a number of departments through it, including the IT Service Desk and Student and Registry Services.
How to use MyServices
- Search with the search bar at the top of the page, using keywords related to your issue.
- Select any relevant pages from the search results
- Read to see if there’s a solution to your problem
- Request support by clicking on the ‘log a call’ button on the most appropriate page.
Your username and password
You have a single username and password for access to University systems.
Student usernames are your six-digit student number.
Staff usernames are provided by your line manager during onboarding.
To keep your account protected:
- change or reset your password regularly
- set up multi-factor authentication (which sends a code via SMS, email or smartphone app to verify your identity).
Video Guide - How to use the password reset tool
- Multiple failed login attempts lock your account for 1 hour.
- If it’s urgent, you can contact the IT Service Desk via telephone on 01225 876500.
Students receive ID cards after registration. You can order a replacement card if needed from the AppHub.
Staff ID cards are collected from the Newton Park Security Lodge during onboarding. If you need a replacement, request one from your line manager, who can order via MyServices.
Eduroam is the campus wifi network.
You can set it up before you arrive on campus, using eduroam’s configuration assistant tool, on MyServices:
- Connect your Android device to eduroam
- Connect your Apple iOS device to eduroam
- Connect your Windows device to eduroam.
ResNet is the Wi-Fi network for residences.
How to connect to ResNet (on MyServices).
To access Gmail, enter your student or staff account email address. You will be directed to the single sign on page. If you cannot access via single sign on, you will need to reset your password or contact IT Services directly (above).
Minerva (VLE) is our virtual learning environment where you'll find your course content and learning resources.
Student introduction to Minerva (VLE)
Microsoft Office 365 (O365)
Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and other G-suite apps
Everyone gets access to the media creation app Adobe Spark for mobile and web - log in with your Bath Spa account here.
Many software suites are for specific course use only (Adobe CC, SPSS, Nvivo, ArcGIS, Autodesk Fusion 360, etc) - you’ll be directed on these during your course. Read more on MyServices.
Please note: Many of the instructions above link to MyServices, which you'll need a Bath Spa University account to access. If you're a current student or staff member and can't access MyServices, please contact the IT Service Desk on +44 (0)1225 876500.